Sometimes we have negative thoughts about ourselves or our situation (“This is unbearable, I don’t think I can do this” or “I feel awful, why am I doing this to myself?”). The more people engage in negative self-talk, the less likely they will stop smoking. If you catch yourself using negative self-talk, say the word “stop” to yourself. Take a moment to clear your mind and then replace the negative talk with positive self-talk.
Examples of positive self-talk include:
- It will get better in time.
- I’ve handled things tougher than this.
- What I feel is evidence that my body is healing itself.
- I don’t have to smoke. I can do something else right now.
- I only have to deal with one day at a time.
This post was dedicated to those people who seating their final exam