Salam & hello to all my dearest reader, today I would like to share my idea about selecting good title for your blog entry to make it more visible and friendly to the search engine. Nowadays thousand of blogs been registered every week, can you imagine the competition in term of blog ranking, blog popularity and blog readability. So we need to move one step further from others, this time it’s about the important of blog title.
1. Use specific keywords – Let’s say you write about mobile phone review such as Sony Ericsson K550i. So in order to being indexed well in search engine try to use more specific title like Sony Ericsson K550i in Malaysia, Sony Ericsson K550i battery, Sony Ericsson K550i price list and etc.
2. Short form vs completed sentences – I don’t know how many percentage of people use short form in search query but to play safe I would like to suggest that you put both in your blog title. Let’s say you write about the result of Formula 1 racing in Sepang circuit. My blog title suggestion : Sepang Malaysia F1 – Formula One – Formula 1 2008 result Can you count the possibilities percentage there?
3. Use less competitive title – As a new comer in the blogsphere you need to compete with other established websites and blogs. Let’s say you write about food review. Try to make a few search queries and find out which keywords produced the lowest search result and then use it as your entry blog title.
4. Make use of the art of FAQ – Did you know that we can get an idea to blog by reading any Frequently Ask Questions list. Let’s say you write about Adobe Photoshop Tool. From the FAQ you can create the blog entry using your own words like the list of most frequent use tools in Adobe Photoshop and use the question taken from FAQ list as your blog title.
5. Try to understand the info seekers feeling – Identify what is your entry key point once you finished your writing. Then imagine that you are a person that looking for some info and what is the query that came into your mind in order to get such info that similar with your writing. Then use that query as your blog title.
That are some ideas that I use when filling the blog entry title. How about you guys?