Salam & hello to all my dearest reader, as we know Pulau Batu Puteh now officially owned by The Republic of Singapore and Malaysia sovereignty’s to Middle Rocks. According to the facts, Pulau Batu Putih located 7.7 nautical miles from Malaysia and 25.5 nautical miles from Singapore but why Malaysia lose the ownership?
1. Malaysia did not respond to Singapore’s conduct on the island, including the flying of its ensign except for the republic’s installation of naval communication equipment.
2. The Johor authorities and their successors took no action at all on Pedra Branca or Pulau Batu Puteh from June 1850 for the whole of the following century or more.
3. Malaysia needed Singapore’s permission before any official visits to the island especially in the 1970′s
4. According to Malaysian maps between 1962 and 1975, it depicted that Pulau Batu Puteh belonged to Singapore.
5. The map’s were consistent to the position and Johor did not claim ownership of Pulau Batu Putih.
Info source : The Star
The court’s decision has been delivered by the International Court of Justice case acting president Judge Awn Shawkat Al-Khasawneh in The Hague