This tutorial is for the “Fix iCloud Missing Support Features Error on Windows 10” issue. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog Fix “iCloud missing media features error on Windows 10”. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check the “iCloud Missing Support Features Error on Windows 10” issue
Even though iCloud isn’t one of the best optimized apps for Windows PC, at least expect it to perform flawlessly. But unfortunately no. Before introducing iCloud, Apple did not pay enough attention to the fact that today it is almost impossible to find a Windows 11 PC with Windows Media Player and all of its functions enabled. It’s quite strange that Apple is still developing an iCloud entirely based on Microsoft’s media libraries. This program obviously needs the multimedia capabilities of Windows which were not found on the affected system. The error dialog contains specific instructions on how to do this. But what is the reason for the lack of media functions?
Repair Your Computer Lacks iCloud Customer Support Features in Windows 10
Retrieving Multimedia Feature Packages
Because deletion of files by this technology is the main reason, when Windows Media Player goes missing, it forces the system to display this error message on the screen. As a result, WMP recovery can make the error go away. So, we try this one out first by following the steps below:
- Go to the search box located in the taskbar and type Windows Function.
- Pressing the Enter key takes you to a new dialog box titled Windows Function On or Off.
- Now locate and expand the Multimedia Features item. Select “Windows Media Player” and click OK to apply the changes.
- Restart the computer and check the error message. It should be resolved while recovering from WMP, and if it unfortunately reappears, proceed to the next resolution.
Add multimedia functionality to Windows 10 version N
Using Windows 10 version N or KN can cause this error because Microsoft released these versions under constraint. The two SKUs do not have Windows Media Player or multimedia functionality. So if you have these versions of Windows, you should immediately add the Multimedia Feature Pack. Microsoft offers separate packages for all versions of Windows 10. But finding the right one is just as important because sometimes you need custom media capabilities as well.
Uninstall the antivirus program
Windows 10 refuses to add Windows Media Player and at the end it shows error code 0x800F0821 for the presence of the Avira virus scanner. This will also cancel the installation of iCloud. In this situation, uninstalling and completely removing this program from the system may help resolve the error. Windows 10 comes with a powerful Windows Defender built in. In the real scenario, no additional antivirus program is required. Instead, they create more problems and errors.
Change the DWORD in the registry
When all the solutions mentioned above fail to resolve the error, then hacking the registry would be the last option. Follow the guidelines below to do this:
- Click in the search box next to the start menu and type regedit. When the same regedit appears at the top of the search results, click on it.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following path:
- Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Configuration WindowsFeatures WindowsMediaVersion
- Once you reach the WindowsMediaVersion key, switch to its right pane. Here, double click Default and set it to 1. Click OK button to reinstall iCloud.
Final Words: Fix “iCloud Missing Media Features Error on Windows 10”
hope you will understand this item Fix “iCloud missing media features error on Windows 10”, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.