Zoom is one of the most widely used video conferencing applications in the world. Most recently, the app announced a host of new features that will improve the platform and give users more control over the video conferencing experience. New features in Zoom include scheduling meetings with Focus mode, improved GIF sending, video messaging and more. Read on to learn more about the new features in Zoom.
On the official blog post, Zoom says, “We have a number of exciting updates and new features that we are releasing this month to streamline the flow of your meetings, provide additional ways to catch up with your colleagues, reduce friction in the hybrid work experience, and improve user security and privacy. ” On top of that, Zoom says, “This includes video voicemail for Zoom Phone, the ability to easily book office workspace (in beta this month) and several security and privacy updates, such as the ability to share cloud recordings with specific external users. stakeholders. ” Find new updates from Zoom below.
New zoom features
- Zoom Meetings
- Zoom Meetings hosts will now be able to schedule a meeting using Focus mode.
- Zoom Meetings hosts can save the custom gallery display order for other meetings. It will be saved in every unique meeting ID. In addition, the host can load the recorded information.
- Zoom on the cat
- When sending a GIF, additional text can now be added in the message compose box
- Users will be able to check missed video calls centrally and immediately start a chat or video call.
- Users will be able to save videos sent via Zoom Chat on their mobile device
- Zoom Phone
- Users will be able to greet their callers with video greetings and allow them to leave rich context with video messages.
- Users will also be able to use the Power Pack add-on for contacts and forward calls directly from the Desktop Power user experience.
- Zoom on the rooms
- As mentioned in the official release, Workspace Reservation “Providing a safe and frictionless on-site experience is essential with the rise of hybrid work where employees can work both from home and in the office. Beta release later this month – Here, Workspace Reservation makes it easy for users to book spaces using an interactive map, whether onsite or remote, creating a seamless experience for all employees. “
- Support for local-only screen sharing now allows the user in the room to read notes that are not visible to other participants. Stay tuned for more app news and other tech news.
- Focus on events
- Improved notification settings for Summit and Conference
- The details and content of an event can often change without notice and hosts may need to collect more information from attendees than they originally planned, requiring changes to their registration questions. .
- To reduce confusion for hosts and attendees when trying to join an event before or after it ends, we’ve provided clearer instructions in the pop-up message that hosts and attendees receive when they can’t join an event. event.